Hi! My name is Josh Hammonds, and I am excited to serve as the Worship Director here at CrossPointe. I met my wife Sara in my home state, Indiana. From there, we have enjoyed our adventures through graduate school in Nebraska and several years in Upstate New York. We moved to Winter Park in 2015 when I took a job as a Professor of Communication at Rollins College. We have two children (son Lachlan, and daughter Noelle) and have thoroughly enjoyed exploring and establishing roots here in Winter Park and the greater Orlando area; and if you’d like to have an in-depth conversation on the Orlando Taco Scene, please reach out. Hope to meet you soon!
Some additional info:
- I was in a traveling Barber Shop Quartet in High School.
- I received all of my degrees— B.A. University of Southern Indiana, M.A. Ball State University, and Ph.D. University of Nebraska— in the field of Communication (yep, I like to talk).
- I love exploring diverse neighborhood cultures within cities; and how their values, traditions, and especially food scene can reflect their passions.
- Sara and I love to travel—doesn’t matter where—we just love exploring new places and hearing new stories.
- Unfortunately, I have more knowledge and a love for coffee than what is socially appropriate.
So, that’s some of me. I would love to hear your story sometime, as well. Say Hi if you see me!